Who We Are
We are a group of scientists who are concerned about the impact of climate change and environmental justice. Our team members currently have backgrounds in wildlife ecology, physics, data science, epidemiology and public health.
What We Do
We are a nascent group that is planning to do work in the following areas:
- Education: writing editorials, blogs, speaking/presenting on climate change impacts, etc.
- Providing support to other scientists who would like to get involved but are concerned about impacts to their career, job, etc.
- Providing a resource to XR and other like-minded organizations on fact checking, ensuring scientific accuracy of materials, etc. We are open to other ideas!
We meet every other week on Tuesdays, 5:15 PM PST, on Zoom.
Reach out at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are actively looking for more scientists to join us!
- #ScientistRebellion launched a global campaign of direct action in April 2022. A member of our group joined the campaign. Here is his story.
- XR SF Bay Scientists compile climate change “Myths and FAQs”! Useful for conversations with the general public, friends, family and the at-least-a-little-open-minded opponents of climate action. It’s a living document, so send us your myths and questions and we’ll update it!
- Paul English has helped put together videos made by indigenous farmworkers in Oxnard that tell personal stories of resiliency in the face of a changing climate. Have a listen to these powerful pieces from the Achieving Resilient Communities project at the Public Health Institute here.
- Why do and don’t scientists speak up about climate? We talked with one of our members about this question and more in the first of what we plan as a series of interviews.
Extinction Rebellion is a 100% non-violent civil disobedience movement aimed at nothing less than radical system change. Our rebellion is fueled by our love for humanity and for all life on earth.